Thank you for all your sweet, supportive messages yesterday, here on the blog and over email. I haven't written back personally to everyone yet. I'll try to do so over the next couple of days. But if I don't get to it (I have a final to write!), please know how incredibly grateful I continue to be for your love and support.
Although yesterday morning was awful, by evening I was feeling much better. Having been raised by an engineer and a math teacher, I need data. So even though the data we got yesterday morning wasn't what we were hoping for, I am happy to have some information so I can calibrate my expectations realistically. I know there are people (maybe some of my readers?) who can handle uncertainty with hope, but I have a really hard time with that. I'm more secure knowing exactly where we are, what has to change, and what our chances are. I took a restful nap yesterday afternoon and slept well last night, for the first time since Saturday.
Don't get me wrong: I am hope, hope, hoping that we get surprisingly good news next week, that the fetus has perked up and gone through a tremendous growth spurt. But I am not expecting it; it is one thing to overcome slow growth OR a slow heartbeat, but being faced with both is a significantly higher hurdle. And I'm mostly okay with that. This is the best we've ever done in two years of trying. Seeing the heartbeat was awesome; if nothing else, it was a signal that we can do this!
Thoughts on Enshittification
17 hours ago

6 comments:
Love your attitude, sis!! Uncertainty is hard...I hate not knowing things, and I have a lot of uncertainties in my life right now, so I feel ya on this one.
Stay strong!
Xoxo
lizzy
Keep hoping and praying. Nothing in life is certain, that is why faith and hope are so important! You can do it!!
Patty
Oh Elizabeth, I sometimes wonder if the information afforded through today's technology is a blessing or a burden.
Keep a positive attitude. At this point it is out of your hands and in mother natures...
Sending you hugs of support!
S
Ack! I left a comment here yesterday, and came back today if you had expressed any more feelings, only to discover that yesterday's comment didn't make it up! It was so profound, too!
I think it said something like,thank you for sharing this journey with all of us, and it's a tremendous privilege to hear your feelings along this journey that is at times thrilling and at other times frustrating. I wonder "who can handle uncertainty with hope", and I can relate to your "but I have a really hard time with that."
You rock! i celebrate you and Brent today, and I wish all the best for you both.
thinking of you. and waiting with you to get more information. seeing the hb is incredible, isn't it?
A message from Mo! I'm totally honored and flattered. My fingers are crossed tightly for your upcoming cycle(s). I don't know anyone who deserves a happy ending more.
Post a Comment