Thursday, April 22, 2010

7 weeks, 5 days: The day of days

It has been a long, hard week. I have been hunkered down, hiding out, avoiding phone calls (yes, that's you @msharp -- forgive me!) and emails. I had every intention of sending personal replies to all the sweet messages I've received over the last couple of weeks. But instead, I've been focused on remembering to breathe and putting one foot in front of the other. Perhaps if I stay curled up in a little ball, I can keep bad things away from me and the baby. I feel this way now; how will I feel when I have a real, live little baby to love and protect?

The ultrasound-of-truth is today at 3:15. It will be a long day, but since it's a teaching day (as is every weekday this semester), at least the teaching will be done before we get the results. For most of the week, today couldn't get here fast enough. But now that we're hours away, I'm thinking maybe I'd prefer not to go to the appointment. If bad news awaits us, I'd rather just not know.

This has definitely been the hardest week, days, hours of this infertility story.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I have some understanding of where you're coming from. Sending you positive energy, for whatever happens.

Amelia said...

Sending a HUGE amount of love and good vibes your way...

Unknown said...

Sending you both hugs and love.