We were able to see a heartbeat this morning. But the fetus is much too small (almost a week behind) and the hb is very slow. Based on the ultrasound, Dr. R. put our chances at 50-50. He then sent me for bloodwork. The bloodwork, big surprise, came back borderline too. My hormone levels are consistent with the size of the fetus, but are too low for 6 weeks, 5 days.
Seeing the heartbeat was really exciting! I could see the little blinking light right away; there was definitely no mistaking it.
But I am feeling sad, discouraged, frustrated, and exhausted. It's like we can't catch a break. This cycle has been borderline all along, and I know that our pokey little guy could still catch up. But I was really ready to see a strong heartbeat and to graduate into the 5% chance of miscarriage bracket. I feel like it would almost have been better to see this morning that the pregnancy had already failed; then we would at least know and we could move forward. But instead we're still in limbo.
We go back in a week. Hopefully we'll learn something more certain then.
Thoughts on Enshittification
17 hours ago

3 comments:
Big hug. Tea. and sympathy.
Big hugs from Oregon. Limbo is the worst.
I can relate with feeling "like we can't catch a break. This cycle has been borderline all along, and I know that our pokey little guy could still catch up" The only thing that gets me through is taking it a day at a time. It is great that you are blogging and feeling as you live this life. you are strong and you have the right attitude and you and Brent are already and will continue to be amazing parents.
much love from cambridge
Post a Comment