Last night was the worst yet for the nausea. I think this is the first time in my life I've actually liked mornings! I'm even glad to be teaching in the mornings; I might make it through classes this semester. I'm not prepped for tomorrow's classes yet, though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reprieve tonight.
Any suggestions for getting a sweet, overprotective husband and father-to-be to stop worrying?
Now we settle in for the wait. I'm sure I'll check in occasionally as the pregnancy progresses to update you. And I'm sure I'll have some ongoing thoughts on infertility, the pain of which, I can tell already, will never go away. But tonight, we're celebrating! (With ginger ale.) Today's picture is below, still looking more kidney bean than human. The bigger end is the head, and you can see the faint outlines of the umbilical cord.

8 comments:
That is wonderful news! We are thrilled for both of you.
Soooo wonderful! Joy, joy, joy. May peace be upon you three.
SOOOO so happy for you. Your little shrimp (that's what Jackson called Ruby at 8 weeks) looks BEAUTIFUL. Such a happy picture.
Yippee! We're really happy for you! Just tell Brent to back off! And remember Leo???? No sense in being overprotective, life just takes its course, so might as well enjoy every day as it is, without worrying each other. [Also advice in advance of the stupid medical establishment's genetic testing and message that you can control what will happen with your baby.] You are starting the ultimate journey of unconditional love (so don't worry about excelling, but celebrate it when it happens--horray) and you're both well-prepared for the journey.
I'm so happy to hear the wonderful news!! I second the midwife choice. I had an OB but she worked alongside a doula who was just wonderful; I couldn't go with just a midwife because I had had a prior c-section with the boys and they were worried about uterine rupture. I had a great, wonderful, fabulous experience last year. So much better than the first time around. I think I have PTSD from all that went on before, during, and after the pregnancy in the NICU.
What a wonderful comment about the ultimate journey of unconditional love--so true; the boys turn three on Wednesday. Eek!
What a lovely picture. Isn't it amazing (aside from thinking you might pee yourself while they press on you with the ultrasound wand)?
If you want some info on the local Bradley Method teachers, let me know! That might not be the way you want to go, but I can give you some insight.
BTW, Forward Foods has some yummy ginger chews that also might help to curb the sickies.
LOL - my friend, who lost her first IF pregnancy, had the following advice from her doctor: 'You WANT to be sick, the sicker you are the more solid the pregnancy'.
Tell Brent he should rejoice in your sickness :)
SOoooo excited.
Can't even stand it - sooo excited!
Love,
S
I'm tearing up as I write this. I'm so, so happy for you.
I was actually worried that I wasn't getting much morning sickness. So, Brent has absolutely nothing to worry about. It's very good!
Post a Comment