Last night was momentous: the last injection of the cycle! After several weeks of little needles to grow follicles, the disastrous trigger shot, and eight weeks of progesterone shots (1 1/2 inch needles injecting medication suspended in thick oil), we are finished! At 10 weeks, the placenta is supporting itself and doesn't need any additional support. I am looking forward to recovering from the bruising, welts, and lumps.
I also took the plunge and bought some elastic waist Old Navy maternity pants. I haven't gained any weight. (In fact, this week, I may have lost some -- I haven't checked.) But I'm uncomfortable enough that the idea of real pants, especially jeans, makes me cringe. And I'm running out of knit skirts! This purchase makes things seem very real.
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

4 comments:
Definitely get a belly band! I wore them when (a) regular pants didn't fit but I was too small for maternity pants; (b) when I was big enough for maternity pants but they still didn't fit quite right and would fall down with three steps; and (c) when after delivery I was mentally ready to get back into jeans but my belly wasn't quite there yet...there's a wide range of products/prices, but I used the semi-cheapy ones from Target and they worked great.
I'm also a fan of the belly band. It generally makes you feel much more comfortable, as it provides some nice support for your belly at all stages during and after the pregnancy. I also had the ones from Target because I just couldn't see spending more money for essentially the same thing.
Yes, ditto...for maternity pants, for this last pregnancy I made my way to Motherhood Maternity and there were some really nice pants with a pouch made of material that felt like tights material. I didn't know what to make of them, but I bought a pair...then went back and bought some more!! I found out that that pouch actually made it possible for me to wear these pants my entire pregnancy. It was much more comfortable than the older cotton pouches as well. Oh--and if you get maternity shirts that criss-cross in the front, they are great for nursing later on as well. I got all my nursing shirts practically from Old Navy. Still using them 11 months later.
Elastic waist bands...we all fall for that :)
Love the progress, love the Harvard clothes, love your pregnant and happy!!!
Post a Comment