Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9 weeks, 6 days: Update

Everything looks fine, thank goodness! Baby is measuring on track, with a giant head (gets that from both mom and dad). We were able to see arms and legs and lots of wiggling around. I still feel pretty terrible, both headache and nausea/vomiting. But the doctor thinks the headache is primarily the result of anxiety, not the pregnancy. (You called it Niamh!) I am hopeful if the headache resolves, I will go back to my usual carsickness. I've got some painkillers that take the edge off for a while, but I can't take any real migraine meds. So mostly I have to wait this out and hope that the painkillers don't cause rebound headaches.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Yay for baby, yuck for headaches. I think it is not uncommon to have headaches/migraines in the last part of the 1st trimester. Myself and another friend both complained of headaches for awhile, and then they went away.