I am beginning to think this might be the real thing.
Exhibit A: afternoon fatigue, shakiness, general yuckiness several days in a row;
Exhibit B: ravenous hunger followed by feeling full after just a few bites;
Exhibit C: the garlic I put in tonight's dinner made me gag!
It's all pretty minor, for which I am thankful. But I am also thankful for some reassurance. We are trying our best not to be consumed by anxiety. It all feels rather schizophrenic. Sometimes everything is fine and we are talking baby names and cloth v. disposable diapers. And then the pendulum swings and we are convinced that this isn't going to happen for us. It's exhausting!
One more week to go!
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

4 comments:
Excellent signs!!! I can really relate. It's so easy to say "enjoy," and so hard to take that advice!! Sooner or later you will probably just run out of negative anxiety. It will just take too much energy. Energy spent on...visiting places like Babies R' Us :D
I, for one, want to jump in with both feet. So to that end, here is some early advice on how to navigate the maze...
Best disposable diapers/wipes: Seventh Generation (through Amazon, delivered to your door, save 15% with Subscribe and Save)
Best crib mattress: Naturepedic No Compromise organic
Best breastfeeding item: "My Brest Friend" pillow--no baby elbow! Super comfy! Still using ours at 1 year!
Best baby carrier: Ergo, hands down. Tried a million.
Best thing to bring with you to the hospital: it's a toss-up. Husband, or doula...doulas are fantastic. They massage the labor pain away :D
Hang in there sissy! Might be one of the few times nausea is a somewhat welcome thing!
It took me some time to realize what I was feeling. I literally thought it was flu-ishness. I felt weird - seasick - except when I was eating, when I felt fine. But the minute I was done eating the last bite, I felt crummy again. And it came on slowly, but by 8 weeks it had really ramped up. :-) Oh, and it was definitely NOT "morning" sickness. It got worse as the day went on - definitely "afternoon sickness." :-)
I had "late evening sickness". So, my strategy was to go to bed at 8:30 every evening before I actually got sick. Although, there were times that the sickness could wake me from my sleep.
Keeping you guys close to our hearts.
Post a Comment