He measures gestational age from transfer, which puts me at 6 weeks, 2 days, rather than retrieval (6 weeks, 5 days). Since due dates are largely meaningless, it doesn't matter, as long as the bean looks healthy. And it does! It is measuring exactly 6 weeks, 2 days, with a heart beat of 131bpm (anything over 120 would have been good). So we are not even borderline! We were even able to hear the heartbeat -- the most amazing sound -- which is not always possible this early.
Dr. R was cautious (but optimistic): he put our ongoing chances of pregnancy loss at 15 percent for the next two weeks, when we have our next visit. But if everything looks good then, he will be confident to release us to ordinary prenatal care. Baby is expected to arrive in late April.
I feel a whole mix of emotions -- excitement, joy, fear, anticipation, anxiety. But I am hoping to enjoy the next two weeks as much as possible, preserving the worst of the anxiety for the day of the next ultrasound.
Symptom watch: still not much. I have the nose of a bloodhound, which is making life interesting. But I don't have any morning sickness to speak of, just some queasiness after eating, usually dinner. Maybe I'll get lucky?
Now for the moment you've all been waiting for: baby's first picture! The big fuzzy blob, marked by dotted lines, is the fetus. The smaller blob is the yolk sac.


12 comments:
How exciting! I'm so happy for y'all!
I am all teary. So happy for you. xxx
Yeah!!!!!
So happy for you both!!!! You were in my prayers last night. What a blessing.
FYI--with the triplets, I never got morning sickness. I would feel a bit ill if I overate, which of course you feel like doing when you are starving! I really never even smelled anything. I was pretty tired at first, and had heartburn. Boy, did that get worse later on.
Congratulations, from the bottom of our hearts.
Yeah!! I was praying all day for a good report. So glad things look good today and you heard the heartbeat, it is the best sound ever.
I'm crying with joy for both of you. Hooray!!!
Woohoo! Whew. I'm so glad to hear. Sending good wishes to all three of you. xoxo
All teary with joy here, too. I remember our own worried times with a "baby under development" (whose in-utero nickname became the goofy 'Bud'). I rejoice with you!!
I'm teary too! And nose of a bloodhound WAS my first symptom. I remember thinking how bad some classroom whiteboard markers smelled - from across the room. I'm soooo happy for all three of you!
Strangely, I'm not teary at all, just floating on air to hear the good news. And yet, immediately feeling the 15% pressure, and getting angry at the bullshit number. Call me anti-scientific, but Leo's terrible experience has jaundiced me forever on probabilities. I think you and Brent have a 100% reason to celebrate and party down and love every minute of this. You guys have worked so hard. But I know it's easier said than done. i just don't want you to miss a minute of this ride you've been wanting to take for so long. I don't how to let go and take a ride, but someone recently told me to do it on the job market and I want desperately to accept their advice, and to give you the same.
Love, love, love and much happiness. Thank you for sharing all of this journey with us! And we look forward to every subsequent chapter as you build your family.
I'm sorry to be so late to the celebration table! Somehow I lost your blog...
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SIGH OF RELIEF
SCREAMS OF EXCITEMENT
What a whirlwind of emotion :)
Congratulations...
(BTW, I had a bloodhound nose with both pregnancies - it drove Taylor CRAZY because I forced him to wear cologne every day :)
Soooooo excited.
Love,
S
Post a Comment