We had a great transfer this morning! We transferred three, and they looked good. They grade embryos on a scale of 1-5, 1 being best. Last time the embryos had crapped out by now - we had two six-cells and one 7-cell, graded 2 and 3. But today we have a 9-cell grade 1 and an 8-cell and a 6-cell, both grade 2!!!! So they look much better. (And that 9-cell is just about perfect, at grade 1 and nearly double yesterday's size.)
Because they were progressing well, we had the option of waiting for two more days. But the doctor recommended going ahead. Even though the last cycle ended in miscarriage, the fact that I got pregnant suggests that day 3 embryos find me to be a hospitable home. It was also pretty aggressive to transfer three. Given the quality of the bigger two and my age, standard practice would be to transfer two. But he asked if the worst case scenario was not getting pregnant or getting pregnant with triplets. We agreed that not getting pregnant was much worse than triplets! (And I suspect he suspects that 6-cell isn't really going anywhere anyway.)
And we still have four left that might make it to freeze. In all likelihood, we'll end up with at most two frozen, but that's something.
I am feeling much better!
Thoughts on Enshittification
17 hours ago

4 comments:
I AM THRILLED FOR YOU!!!
Fantastic news!
Crossing Fingers,
S
YEA! Sending many good vibes your way!
I'm sorry I'm so late to the party but those sound like beautiful embryos you transferred!! Rest up and enjoy--you are most definitely PUPO!!
Yay! Sounds very exciting!
Post a Comment