Friday, July 30, 2010

Cell division

As of this morning we still have seven embryos:
1 5-cell
3 4-cell
1 3-cell
2 2-cell

It's almost exactly identical to last time:
2 5-cells
2 4-cells
1 3-cell

The goal is 2-4 cells today, so they're all fine. But because it looks about the same as last cycle, they want to do the three-day transfer again. (It sounds like they probably wanted to see six or seven at the 4-cell stage in order to keep going to day 5.) So we go in first thing in the morning. We'll want to see the four biggest at 8 to 10 cells tomorrow. Last cycle, their growth slowed and our largest was 7 cells. If we're at 8 to 10 cells tomorrow, I'll feel a whole lot better about this cycle. I'll be curious to see how many they want to transfer tomorrow; I'll probably push for three or four.

I'm sad and disappointed. I really wanted to hear, "They look great! We'll transfer Monday." I'm afraid this will end the same way as the previous cycle.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Praying!!

Leo True-Frost said...

Every time is a new time. And you are strong. You are doing exactly what you need to to find the happiness and love you are seeking. I wish it didn't have to be such a damn struggle for you both, but I know that you are both fabulous people and you will be happy.

For some admittedly unrelated inspiration, check out the video available at: http://www.teamhoyt.com/

And for some good vibes for your soon to be implanted embryos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=hN8CKwdosjE