Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting closer

I finally got ahold of the business manager at the fertility center, and they've finally accepted that I do have insurance. Yay! Unfortunately, they're out-of-network for IVF (even though the doctor is in-network as an OB/GYN -- weird), so I'll have to meet my deductible and pay 20%. But I'll take it! The business manager sounds totally on top of things and is getting all the paperwork taken care of, and they'll call before our next appointment on Feb. 17 to tell us how much money we'll need to bring. The business manager was super-friendly and super-helpful; I was really relieved to talk to her.

And the drugs have all been ordered with no problem, completely covered -- $3000 worth of drugs for a mere $150 or some such.

We're getting there.

3 comments:

addingtothepack said...

I am glad you got all the insurance stuff figured out. I just dealt with a big insurance run around last week myself. Totally frustrating.

Good luck with this IVF cycle!

AppleTree said...

Good luck with the IVF cycle. I know of many successful stories.

A 47-year-old friend of mine just gave birth to a little girl yesterday after visiting an acupuncturist specializing in fertility. She was turned away by Boston IVF because of her age and weight (she is very overweight). So, keep acupuncture in mind too!

SLP said...

One hurdle down - that must feel good!