We had a doctor's appointment this morning, and everything went well. From the doctor's perspective, everything looks good to start the IVF cycle. We have all our appointments set up for the next six weeks and are looking at egg retrieval between March 1 and 3.
Unfortunately, I got a call from the front office woman this afternoon saying that they didn't think my insurance covers IVF. I called back, and she was more annoyed than helpful. She kept saying that my chart says "diagnostic tests only," but wouldn't tell me where she got that information -- because, of course, my insurance documents don't say that! But she couldn't seem to get me off the phone fast enough. I efaxed the documents (which they already have) to her late this afternoon, and she said she was going to check with my insurance company. I'll give her a few days before following up. I know most people out here don't have infertility coverage, but I can't for the life of me figure out why she was being so difficult about it.
In the meantime, I've started to worry that some slightly abnormal (nothing to worry about!) results from a regular doctor's appointment may lead either the insurance company or the doctor to want to postpone this cycle, which would be really disappointing.
Fortunately, we are only in the suppression stage, so this stress will only serve to further suppress me rather than interfere with the stimulation phase! And hopefully in 30 days, when stimulation is supposed to start, it'll all be worked out. Keep your fingers crossed.
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment