Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pink or blue?

The big anatomy scan is Thursday, at exactly 19 weeks.  I'm trying hard not to think about the fact that they're really looking to see if anything is scary with the heart, lungs, brain, GI tract, etc.  It's going to be fun!  So is it a boy or a girl?  Let's take a look at some old wives' tales:

1. Carrying high or low?  If low, it's a boy.  This was true with Zack.  Too soon to tell with this one.
2. Beauty stealing?  Acne means a girl.  This was true with Zack -- my skin was flawless.  And it's a mess this time.  Prediction: girl
3. Heart rate?  Over 140, it's a girl.  I feel like Zack's was always higher than this, but I don't have any records.  This baby has definitely been in the 150s.  Prediction: girl
4. Cravings?  Sweets mean a girl.  With both pregnancies, my cravings have been for salt.  But with Zack, I actually had an aversion to sweets.  I am certainly more receptive to sweets this time.  Prediction: unclear
5. Chinese gender predictor.  Zack was predicted to be a girl.  Prediction: boy
6. Mayan gender predictor.  Zack was predicted to be a girl.  Prediction: girl
7. Is the hubster gaining weight?  If so, it's a girl.  He lost weight with Zack.  This time?  Prediction: girl
8. Morning sickness?  The more sick, the more likely to be a girl.  I had it pretty easy with Zack, and it was definitely worse this time.  Prediction: girl

So ... Zack was 5-2 boy (with one no result from the heart rate test).
This one ... 5-1 girl (with two no results).

Any guesses?

I'm starting to feel those fluttery movements -- so exciting!

2 comments:

Amy said...

The old wives' tales didn't help me out any because my pregnancies were the same in every category and I ended up with both genders! but, if I had to guess, I'd go with girl.

Amie D said...

With Dante, all the "tests" said GIRL - so none of the old wives' tales worked for us with him. For you - I am predicting a girl, but mostly because I want to see a little Elizabeth with red curls :)