Babies are expensive! And I am turning in to a bargain hunter. So far this week, I have acquired a crib, a pack n play, a car seat and extra base, and some adorable clothes -- all on sale! After cruising the clearance racks at Tar-jay, I have discovered my baby dressing principles: bright colors (rather than pastels), big pictures, and no silly sayings. Fortunately, the Boden winter sale catalog arrived today, and baby made out like a bandit. Within a matter of days, it's going to really look like a baby is coming to this house. High on the to-do list: clearing out the "box room" we've been using for storage so there's room for all his stuff.
Since I've started to feel him move in the last few weeks, my anxiety level has skyrocketed. I didn't expect it, but now I'm obsessed with his movements. And when he's quiet for hours on end, I panic. The heartbeat monitor has seen a lot of use the last few days. Of course, you get what you wish for, and Monday night he kept me up for hours with the kicking. Happily, since then, he's settled in to a much more reasonable routine, just some occasional kicks to let me know he's okay, without being distracting. Good baby.
Thoughts on Enshittification
16 hours ago

3 comments:
Very exciting!!
G'pa L.
You probably don't have an H&M nearby, but their kids' clothes are adorable and cheap! In fact, they are similar in style to Mini Boden but less than half the price. Every time I go to a city with an H&M, I take an extra bag and do some shopping!
Babies are expensive! But with all the gifts from friends and family, we're still able to stick to our budget of $400 a month, and this includes all the expensive formula and Gymboree classes!
Post a Comment