My friend and colleague Emily looked at me the other day and said, "Things are becoming more obvious!" 'Tis true ... the belly is beginning to have a bit of roundness distinct from, ummm, too many cookies. I'm still not quite ready for real maternity pants, but the time is not far off.
My second midwife visit was yesterday. No new pics, but everything looks and sounds great. Of course, I expected nothing less, since I've had no problem picking up the heartbeat at home. The interesting part was that it was the first appointment I've had since, goodness I don't remember, that I wasn't hyperventilating beforehand. I believed it was going to be okay; I wasn't panicked that the other shoe was about to drop. And neither Brent nor I had any qualms about my going alone. He was free, but decided to stay behind and get some work done. (He'll be with me for the big anatomy scan after Thanksgiving, not to worry!) What an amazing thing, to feel normal.
I had my first, and hopefully last, true morning sickness incident during a conference in DC on Friday morning. The carsickness passed a couple of weeks ago, but coffee after fruit and yogurt for breakfast (no carbs) was apparently objectionable. Ooops, won't make that mistake again. But really, at 14 1/2 weeks? And at a conference? At least it didn't happen during class, I suppose. I'm still so tired, but otherwise feeling pretty good.
I passed my early glucose screen with flying colors. I guess that's good, but it makes it harder to motivate myself to stop. eating. cookies.
We have a stroller (or rather, a stroller frame for an infant car seat). I guess there's really an infant coming.
Thoughts on Enshittification
17 hours ago

3 comments:
I like it.
xxx
Yay! That is ALL good!
Yippee!
Post a Comment