Sunday, October 17, 2010

13 weeks, 4 days: Updates

It's hard to believe, but the second trimester is only three days away! I'm still exhausted, but the carsickness has passed. I'm enjoying eating ... and cooking again. The final results of our first trimester screening were reassuring: chance of Down Syndrome is 1:880 and chance of the other trisomies is 1:8800. Since the normal risk of Down Syndrome at my age is 1:250ish, this is great news. We'll do a second round of bloodwork in a couple of weeks, but we are feeling pretty confident that everything is fine. I'm borrowing a fetal heartbeat monitor (a doppler) from a friend, and I've become quite good at finding the kid's heartbeat and distinguishing it (fast) from the placenta (slower) and my own (slowest). In fact, since I've figured out how to find it and it's always there, I'm not even checking regularly anymore. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

such a great update! xoxo

Kayna said...

Yay update! Happy second trimester!

Niamh said...

Welcome to the 2nd trimester! In my experience, it is MUCH better than the first! :-)